IUCN welcomes 11 new Members
14 July 2014 | News story
The IUCN Council has admitted 11 new Members to IUCN.
The Council, President, Director General and entire Union extend a very warm welcome to the new Members and look forward to their active involvement.
New IUCN Members:
- Asociación de Reservas Naturales Privadas de Guatemala (ARNPG) [Association of Private Nature Reserves of Guatemala], Guatemala
- Balipara Tract & Frontier Foundation (BTFF), India
- Club Marocain pour l`Environment et le Développement (CMED) [Moroccan Club for Environment and Development], Morocco (No website)
- Corporación Ecoversa [Ecoversa Corporation], Colombia
- Earthwatch Institute, Australia (EWA), Australia
- Friends of the Nation (FoN), Ghana
- Fundación para el Desarrollo de la Cordillera Volcánica Central (FUNDECOR) [Foundation for the Development of the Central Volcanic Range], Costa Rica
- Rainforest Trust, United States of America
- The Jane Goodall Institute China (JGI China), China
- The Jordanian Society for Microbial Biodiversity (JSMB), Jordan
- WCS Associação Conservação da Vida Silvestre (WCS) [Wildlife Conservation Society Brazil], Brazil
The Bureau of Council took the decision to admit the 11 Members on 2 July 2014. This decision was subsequently ratified by Council in line with Regulation 58 of the IUCN Statutes.