Welcome to CEC in Eastern and Southern Africa
CEC National Activators 2009 - 2012
CEC National Activators enhance Commission impact in their countries and regions.
About CEC in the region 2009 - 2012
Most people in this region depend directly on natural resources for their daily livelihoods. Conservation is a key concern of professionals and institutions, both public and private.
With many new members, over 50 in total, CEC is in the process of developing its structure and direction. CEC seeks to establish a professional network strongly engaged with the IUCN regional office (ESARO) and responsive to the needs of CEC members.
Activities in 2009 - 2012 include:
- CEC member survey
- Liaison with IUCN ESARO offices in Pretoria and Nairobi
- Proposal to involve Vice-Chair in civil society engagement project via IUCN ESARO
- Technical input on climate change and environment & development to IUCN
- Participation in CEC Steering Committee meetings in 2009 and 2010
- CEC National Activators appointed
- Young professional identified as CEC support person
- Newsletter items and e-mail updates to CEC members
Juliane seeks to make the most of volunteers' time and invites CEC members to become more engaged and involved in defining a new ‘triple helix’ of collaboration among CEC, IUCN ESARO and the IUCN One Programme.