The project aims to strengthen biodiversity conservation and climate change adaption in Europe overseas by:
- raising Europe overseas’ profile and generating support for action;
- proposing mechanisms to enhance biodiversity and climate change policies and programmes targeted at Europe overseas.
In particular, for the next two years we have joined forces to:
- strengthen EU level partnership mechanisms, information sharing, networking mechanism for coordinated and informed action on Europe overseas, building on existing initiatives;
- develop proposals to the EC for the sustainability of a BEST initiative, based on initial guidance of the Europe Overseas Roundtable on Biodiversity and Climate Change, and informed by expert advice on innovative solutions for governance and financial mechanisms;
- raise awareness and mobilize support for Europe overseas biodiversity and climate change at regional, EU and international levels, showcasing BEST and other Europe overseas initiatives on biodiversity and climate change, thus demonstrating leadership and excellence of Europe overseas in the EU and international fora.