Below is a full list of publications related to Oceania. Please use the menu to your left to check on other resources.
Publications (Full list)
Gill Shepherd, IUCN Livelihoods and Landscapes Strategy Thematic Adviser on Poverty and Landscapes, speaks on the latest thinking on forests and poverty, drawing from lessons that have come out of IUCN's innovative 'Livelihoods and Landscapes Strategy' (LLS). …
27 Jan 2011 | Video
- What is a forest? ...at best something nice to look at, somewhere to walk their dog, a refuge from the hurly-burly of daily life.
- How sexy are forests? as a forest expert...you have to realise that most people take decisions not based on the head, but on the heart, guts and sex.
- Perspective: ...kill the extinction message. The 'Love' message trumps the 'Loss' message for grabbing the public's attention.
21 Jan 2011 | Downloads - publication
23 Nov 2010 | Downloads - publication
25 Oct 2010 | Fact sheet
14 Oct 2010 | Downloads - publication
18 Aug 2010 | Fact sheet
19 Jul 2010 | Fact sheet
Effects of Pelagic Longline Fishing on Seamount Ecosystems Based on Interviews with Pacific Island Fishers
30 Jun 2010 | Downloads - publication
- Livelihoods and landscapes: So far, the expectations of PES as a market-based solution for conservation and development have not been met.
- Feature: Do public goods always have to remain public?
- REDD: We cannot wait to act on REDD-plus.
- Local forests: Why, despite their global significance, has so little external investment flowed to local forest enterprises – especially in the South?
17 Jun 2010 | Downloads - publication
11 Jun 2010 | Fact sheet