Conservation is all about people. When we decide it’s good for us—for our homes, families and businesses—nature wins. We win, too. People are happier and healthier because conservation makes the world a better place to live. Our job is to mobilize people all over the planet to support action for conservation.
We are the Commission on Education and Communication (CEC) of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). We are working today to transform tomorrow.
CEC drives change by supporting efforts to:
- Generate new energy to catalyze positive change for conservation
- Unlock the power of networks and partnerships
- Manage knowledge and promote learning through professional development
- Connect sustainability practitioners in communities of practice
- Harness information technology for conservation
Our Commission works closely with the IUCN Secretariat’s Capacity Development Unit and IUCN Global Communications.