- Global restoration of forest landscapes - where are the opportunities? What are the benefits?
- Spotlight on the Bonn Challenge, the largest restoration inititative the world has ever seen.
- "What forest restoration means to me" - Interviews with humanitarian Bianca Jagger, filmmaker John Liu and many more.
- Assessing restoration potential at the national and subnational level.
- Mobilizing support for the global restoration movement.
13 Jun 2014 | Downloads - publication
Deadline Extended for Registration: International conference on large-scale ecosystem restoration and sustainable development
On May 29-30th, 2014, world decision-makers, scientists, practitioners and advocates will meet in Washington, DC, to discuss the potential of large-scale ecosystem restoration to further global development goals and sustainable livelihoods. The deadline for registration has been extended - register now! …
15 May 2014 | Event
Australia will welcome thousands of environment leaders from across the globe after securing the right to host the prestigious IUCN World Parks Congress at Sydney Olympic Park from 12-19 November 2014. …
20 Dec 2013 | Video
The representatives of farmer and forest producer organizations from around the world are gathering today at an international conference held in Guilin, China. The meeting represents the first of its kind in giving the world’s many millions of smallholder farmer and community forest producers an opportunity to have their voices heard at a global level. With a large part of the Earth’s surface affected by forest producer activities, the conference will seek to support forest producers in improving sustainable management of forest landscapes. …
25 Nov 2013 | News story
Warsaw, Poland 19 November 2013 — Today at the UN climate change conference in Warsaw, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) will release the first-ever Environment and Gender Index which monitors gender equality and women’s empowerment in the environmental arena. … | Spanish | Dutch
19 Nov 2013 | International news release