Objectives, part 1
- Recruit highly-skilled people (from CEC and beyond) with expertise in organization development, change management and conflict intervention; get their commitment and organize them into a network to provide applicable support by region.
- With a focus on change management, build knowledge of and the capability to utilize a common methodology within the specialty group network members, namely CAP, the Change Acceleration Process
- Build sufficient knowledge of change management and the CAP approach among CEC Regional Vice-Chairs and IUCN leaders to facilitate collaboration with specialty group change resources.
Objectives, part 2
- With a focus on conflict intervention and mediation, build knowledge of and the capability to utilize a common methodology within the specialty group network members.
- Build sufficient knowledge of this methodology among CEC Regional Vice-Chairs and IUCN leaders to facilitate collaboration with specialty group organization development/conflict resources;
- Announce the formation of the specialty group network and solicit interest in membership among existing CEC members
- Create an OD & CM web page, perhaps a LinkedIn group, as a space for specialty group interaction, learning/sharing
- Create an OD & CM web page that facilitates the linking of OD & CM needs of CEC and IUCN leaders with the network, with a process for vetting and validating the needs and linking to appropriate resources to assure the best use of resources.
- Starting with change management, develop a short overview of CAP with links to a complete manual of CAP protocols and tools to give a beginning foundation to network members and CEC and IUCN leaders.
- Develop a webinar on CAP as one avenue for more detailed understanding and capability development in the methodology and familiarity with the facilitator’s manual. Offer a free webinar when it is available.
- After completing these short-term goals for change management (CAP), repeat the process for conflict intervention and mediation approaches and tools.
- Establish a learning component to all CEC Steering Committee meetings to model a peer-to-peer shared learning process. Use CAP as an early example to assure CEC leadership is familiar with change management methodology and appreciates it as a potential resource.
- Engage with the CEC Chair and other CEC leaders in developing a new, network- based organizational concept for CEC that maximizes the availability, development and utilization of CEC expertise and resources.