My Park. My Passion. My Story. European Day of Parks 2013
13 March 2013 | News story
“My Park. My Passion. My Story.” is the motto of the European Day of Parks 2013 promoted by the EUROPARC Federation, an IUCN Member. Since its inauguration in 1999 this commemorative event day invites people to protected areas and raise awareness about the importance of these areas for biodiversity protection. The day is celebrated on and around 24 May.
This year, protected areas organisations and administrations invite their employees, visitors and all stakeholders to share their experiences in nature by fine arts. Everybody who loves nature is encouraged to take part and express their passion in a story, a song, a picture, a film, a play, or any piece of art.
How can you creatively express your passion for nature? Here are some ideas:
- Organize an activity and invite participants to paint, write, play, sing about this activity and what feelings it brought to them;
- Invite people to play their passion for nature in a pantomime or impro- theater;
- Provide materials for drawing pictures or elaborating an artistic object;
- Inspire people to write a poem or story;
- Compose and sing a song;
- Produce a film while hiking/biking/canoeing/paragliding over a protected landscape...
There are no limits to imagination and creativity!
The European Day of Parks is open to people of all ages: children, youngsters, young adults, adults and the silver aged. People experience nature in different ways, and each of us can express their passion in their own way.
The European Day of Parks aims at bringing people closer to nature and raising public awareness on the importance of the natural beauty preserved in protected areas and the importance of conservation and sustainable management of those places.
EUROPARC Federation has a 40-year-long history of supporting protected areas in sustainable management. The growing network, closely working together with LIFE and Natura 2000, celebrates its "40 years Working for Nature" in 2013.
The EUROPARC Annual Conference 2013 will take place in Debrecen, Hungary and Hortobágy National Park Directorate from 9 to 13 October 2013 and is hosted by Hortobágy National Park.
For inquiries and more information, please contact EUROPARC Federation at email@example.com or call +49 941 5993598-0.
- European Day of Parks
- EUROPARC 40th Anniversary
- Video on EUROPARC Annual Conference
- Follow EUROPARC on Facebook and Twitter @EUROPARC