To register please Click here
Online media registration
Bona fide representatives of the media can apply for accreditation for the IUCN World Conservation Congress in Barcelona. Double accreditation is not allowed (e.g. as press and delegate) and individuals may not be registered twice or receive more than one badge.
Media participation at the IUCN World Conservation Congress is subject to accreditation by the IUCN Secretariat. Accreditation is strictly reserved for members of the press - print media, photo, radio, TV, film, recognized on-line titles and news agencies - who fully meet our media accreditation requirements.
Accreditation will be granted upon presentation of valid press credentials including a:
- A letter from your editor on headed paper confirming your position at your organization; and/or
- A copy of your press card.
You may be asked to submit additional materials to support your application. Requests for accreditation may be denied if applicants cannot establish they are professional journalists, or if the applications are incomplete.
Deadline: requests for press accreditation should be received by 30 September 2008.
For further enquiries please contact email@example.com
Freelance journalists are subject to the same requirements. Freelance journalists, including photographers, must provide clear evidence they are on assignment from a specific news organization or publication. A valid assignment letter from that news organization, or publication, is required. Photographic agencies must provide clear evidence from a client news organization or publication.
Online media must meet the following requirements:
- The web publication must belong to a registered company, such as a media organization, and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and a telephone number.
- The online journal requesting accreditation for its correspondent must have a substantial amount of original news content or commentary or analysis on international issues.
- If the web site is new, the applicant seeking accreditation must provide the latest data on the site's visitors or other relevant material (press citations, etc.) about the outlet's audience.
- The applicant must have an established record of having written extensively on international issues.
Media Contacts for Congress
Sarah Horsley, IUCN Media Relations Officer
Tel: +41 22 999 0127; Mob: +41 79 528 3486
Carolin Wahnbaeck, IUCN Media Relations Officer
Tel.:+41 22 9990313; Mob: +41 79 8587593
Sonsoles San Román, Communications Officer, Centre for Mediterranean Cooperation
Tel. +188.8.131.5230 - Fax. +184.108.40.20645
Silvia Casellas, Responsable de Comunicación
Tel.+34 620 895 485/+34 93 434 37 15