Less than one month to apply for the Powered by Nature Awards!
Only 25 days are left to apply for the Powered by Nature awards, a competition targeted to European communications students to co-create a social media campaign on nature and energy.
The goal of the awards is to raise awareness of “natural solutions” for energy and encourage the young generation to become "powered by nature". Students will work together with experts from environmental organisations and communications agencies on their final submissions during a week-long workshop in the Netherlands.
Here is some information on the workshop:
When? 26-30 August 2013
Where? Starnmeer, just north of Amsterdam
Who? 11 national award winners
The best ideas from each country and the national award winners will come together for an intense week of creative collaboration and play, during which the participants will refine, implement and integrate the best aspects of the winning ideas into a joint campaign. This is a chance for communications students to:
- Work with peers from eleven countries on a project that will reach thousands of people;
- Experience the dynamics of collaboration, creativity and innovation at work;
- Learn to create better results through rapid prototyping and quick feedback cycles;
- Get feedback from renowned communications experts, nature conservation professionals, industry leaders and energy campaigners; and
- Have a lot of fun in an inspiring and uplifting environment.
Day 1: Arrival and introduction to the workshop
Day 2: Review of ideas and preparation of prototypes
Day 3: Expert feedback session and preparation of campaign concept
Day 4: Polishing and presentation of campaign
Day 5: Review and departure
Located in the polders just north of Amsterdam, the Buitenwerkplaats is a magic place for creativity. An old farmhouse, bought and renovated by a couple of architect/artists a few years ago, it now sports grand views, workshop rooms, comfy bedrooms and a sauna. Outside, you’ll find spacious grounds with a shady orchard and productive kitchen garden, a reed bed and green swimming pool, a chicken coop and the farmhouse dog.