IUCN's engagement is conducted in the following manner:
- Based on demand; assisting specific parties in the revision, updating, development of their NBSAP
- Focused on IUCN's core expertise
- Adding value to the NBSAPs through IUCN flagship Knowledge Products
- Engaging in strategic partnerships with other institutions as for example the NBSAP Forum
- Through interventions at the sub-national and provincial level where there is a demand for a sub-national level biodiversity strategy or action plan (i.e. BSAPs in decentralized countries or in countries with a federal system of governance)
For more detailed information on how IUCN engages in the revision of NBSAPs we invite you to consult the IUCN Engagement Strategy here below.