Presently, the network of the Commission on Ecosystem Management includes more than 800 volunteer ecosystem management experts from around the globe.
The Commission is seeking to strengthen and expand its membership to help IUCN address biodiversity conservation challenges in multiple use land and seascapes.
Why Join CEM?
As a member, you would be in a position to contribute to the Commission's work, both at the policy level and on the ground. Benefits of membership include:
- exchange of ideas and experiences with leading scientists and practitioners in the CEM and other IUCN networks;
- opportunities for practical collaboration with IUCN in your region;
- periodically receive CEM newsletter “Ecosystem”, in English, or Spanish; and
- notification of new CEM publications.
Interested in Joining CEM?
Membership in the Commission on Ecosystem Management (CEM) is open to any individual who has earned an academic degree (Bachelor, MSc or PhD) in a field relevant to Ecosystem Management or has substantial experience in managing an ecosystem and has skills determined important to the work of a thematic Group, Task Force, Region or the Commission as a whole.
All new members must be nominated by a member of the Commission. On the 'contact' page of the website you will find a list of CEM officers who you may contact if you wish nomination.
To apply you will require:
- a note expressing your interest in contributing to the work of the Commission and the relevance of your background/experience to it
- a copy of your resume or short CV
- a completed application form to be downloaded from the link: