The Restoration Initiative (TRI) Newsletter - January to July 2023
The first edition of the 2023 newsletter has been published.
We are excited about the progress we have made in the past months and we have seen the impact our collective response is making in the lives of project beneficiaries as well as support to governments.
The Restoration Initiative (TRI) is an emblematic initiative to guide restoration efforts that are expected to arise as a result of the international political context. With nine countries in Africa and Asia working under this program since 2018 to transform vast landscapes towards the restoration of mangroves, arid lands, and tropical forests, TRI is demonstrating how ecosystem restoration is to be implemented for long term and sustained results.
Our partners have been working to ensure continuity of TRI interventions, so they add value to the work of our beneficiaries in restoring, reversing, and avoiding forest and landscape degradation.
We have exciting news inside.
IN THIS ISSUE
- TRI relieves pressure on natural resources, and engages over 1,600 women in Elia, Guinea Bisau
- Empowering women like Jacqueline Dehimbe, and generating incomes in Waza, Northern Cameroon
- “Walking The Talk” - Friends of Mukogodo launch restoration network in Kenya
- TRI provides technological inputs, builds capacity on forest and landscape restoration in China
- Women lead in restoring degraded landscapes and managing forests in Central African Republic