Waste Segregation Guide to Prevent Pollution
This inspirational guide for source-segregated waste streams is designed to show innovative, low-tech recycling examples for source-segregated waste streams that are well suited for island economies.
Purpose of this guide:
1. Show innovative, low tech recycling examples for source segregated waste streams that are well suited for island economies:
• Sanitation and hygienic items
• Tyres (rubber)
• Focus on circular solutions
• Focus on unlocking the value of waste - and providing alternatives to plastics
2. Why is this guide needed?
• Source segregated waste streams are easier to recycle - and to move economies towards circularity
• Achieve a cleaner plastic waste stream for more efficient processing
• Optimising waste management creates economic and livelihood opportunities on small island developing states