Taking stock of global progress on nature-based solutions to climate change
The role of nature-based solutions was recognised in key multilateral processes in 2022, including at UNFCCC COP27 and CBD COP15. This official side event of the 58th sessions of the UNFCCC Subsidiary Bodies (SB58) will take stock of the collective progress made to date and identify what can be done to strengthen further action and ambition on it in the context of the Global Stocktake.
Photo: Sean Phillips from Pixabay
Speakers will include:
- Dr Christiane Paulus - Director-General of the Directorate Nature Conservation, Germany
- Mr Tamer Abou Gharara - Advisor to the Minister of Environment, Arab Republic of Egypt
- Ms Milagros Sandoval - Director General, Climate Change and Desertification, MINAM Peru
- Ms Melissa De Kock - Head, Biodiversity, People and Landscapes Unit, UNEP
- Ms Shahbano Tirmizi - Senior Advisor, Programmes and Partnerships, UAE
- Dr Sandeep Sengupta (moderator) - Global Policy Lead, Climate Change, IUCN
Egypt and Germany are the co-chairs of the ‘Enhancing Nature-based Solutions for Accelerated Climate Transformation (ENACT)’ initiative launched at COP27.