Compilation of IUCN WCEL Briefings for Negotiators for INC-3
In 2022, the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law (WCEL) created the Plastic Pollution Task Force to provide insights and support to the Treaty negotiation process. The following series of ten targeted legal briefs are part of the IUCN Submission for the third Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee to develop an international legally binding instrument on plastic pollution, including in the marine environment.
These are updated briefings of the INC-1 and INC-2 submissions, please note, and are considered version 3 – for submission to INC-3 as annexes for Submission Form A and Form B from IUCN.
- Briefing 1: Key Elements for Plastic Pollution Treaty
- Briefing 2: Glossary of Key Terms
- Briefing 3: Structure of Plastic Pollution Treaty (ILBI)
- Briefing 4: Just Transition and the International Legally Binding Instrument
- Briefing 5: Regime Convergence and the International Legally Binding Instrument
- Briefing 6: Circular Economy and Plastic Life-Cycle Issues
- Briefing 7: Legal Process of Treaty Negotiations
- Briefing 8: Connections between IUCN’s Plastic Pollution Elimination Timeline and the SDGs
- Briefing 9: Connections between IUCN’s Plastic Pollution Elimination Timeline and the GBF
- Briefing 10: Free Trade Agreement Convergence and the Plastic Pollution Treaty