IUCN Briefings for Negotiators - Plastics Treaty INC-2 Session: Compilation of six briefings
In 2022, the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law (WCEL) created the Plastic Pollution Task Force to provide insights and support to the Treaty negotiation process. The following series of six targeted legal briefs are part of the IUCN Submission for the second Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee to develop an international legally binding instrument on plastic pollution, including in the marine environment.
This compilation includes:
- Briefing 1 of 6: Key Elements for Plastic Pollution Treaty
- Briefing 2 of 6: Glossary of Key Terms (updated version 2)
- Briefing 3 of 6: Structure of Plastic Pollution Treaty (updated version 2)
- Briefing 4 of 6: Just Transition and the Plastic Pollution Treaty
- Briefing 5 of 6: Treaty Regime Interaction (updated version 2)
- Briefing 6 of 6: Circular Economy and Plastic Life-Cycle Issues
For the previous five Briefings for INC-1, they can be found in the WCEL resources here as well as in the Plastic and Other Pollution topic page here.