Applications for the SSC Internal Grant are NOW OPEN until February 17th 2023.
The main purpose of this grant is to encourage and promote activities that contribute to the Species Conservation Cycle ratified as the SSC framework in our Species Strategic Plan 2021-2025, through the allocation of small funds —from ($USD) $2,000 to $3,500. These funds are available thanks to this partnership with the Environment Agency Abu Dhabi. In addition, as well as falling under the Species Conservation Cycle framework, we also seek to support those activities specified by SSC groups in their annual ‘SSC DATA’ target setting and reporting effort.
We will have two rounds of applications per year, open during January and June. This round will be open for all the components of our Species Conservation Cycle. It means that we will fund requests related to:
- Assess: Understand and inform the world about the status and trends of biodiversity.
- Plan: Develop collaborative, inclusive, science-based conservation strategies, plans, and policies.
- Act: Convene and mobilise conservation actions to improve the status of biodiversity.
- Communicate: Drive strategic and targeted communications to enhance our conservation impact
- Network: Enhance and support our immediate network and alliances to achieve our biodiversity targets.
This grant opportunity will be open for all our Specialist Groups, Stand-Alone Red List Authorities, Task Forces and Conservation Committees. Any SSC group interested in applying should:
- The proposal must be approved by the leaders of each SSC group. Please include the Chair’s endorsement within the proposal.
- Each SSC group must be registered in the SSC DATA Information, have set their targets for the current quadrennium (2021-2025) and have uploaded the 2021 and 2022 results. Click on this link for further instructions on uploading information to the SSC DATA System.
- Clearly specify the activity which requires financial support, to be carried out in 2023, and contributes to a target set for the current quadrennium (2021-2025). Priority will be given to those targets set for completion during 2023-2024.
- Timeframe for the activities should be between 12-24 months.
- Include supporting information related to the activity to be carried out.
- The budget must clearly show how the funds will cover all activities indicated in the proposal.
- Review all required information on the SSC Internal Grant proposal template. All sections are mandatory and cannot be deleted.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted through the following [Google form]. Please note that each SSC group can submit ONE application only per round and applications by email will not be accepted.
Important: we will admit up to TWO (2) proposals from SSC groups with more than 50 members, but at least one of the proposals must focus on the ACT component of our Species Conservation Cycle.
US$2,000 - $3,500
Funds can be used to cover the partial or total cost of the proposed activity.
Timelines and eligibility
There will be two calls per year, open during January and June. Successful applications will be confirmed in March and August respectively. The current round will be open from January 16th 2023 to February 17th 2023 –11:59 PM (GMT-4) Caracas, Venezuela–, and approvals will be announced in early March 2023.
Consideration will be given to the network priorities of the Species Strategic Plan 2021-2025, the funds available to allocate in each call, and the groups/activity determined to have the more urgent support needs. We will also consider whether the group has received funds from this grant previously, to ensure the benefits of this grant can reach the diversity of groups across the network. Important: We are not assigning grants to groups that still have projects running from previous rounds.
For further information, please contact Mayerlin Ramos.