This objective will be achieved through the following component:
- Component 1: Strengthen management capacities of targeted PAs for the conservation of threatened and important species and their habitats.
- Outcome 1.1 - Improved management effectiveness (strengthened PA management tools, processes, and capacities) demonstrated at two targeted PAs (Wadi El-Rayan and Lake Qarun).
- Component 2: Establish effective community participation in PA management and conservation/management of natural resources.
- Outcome 2.1 - Participatory approaches to PA management have strengthened PA management and reduced unsustainable resource uses in areas within and adjacent to two targeted PAs (Wadi El-Rayan and Lake Qarun).
- Funded by: The Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- Implemented by: UN Environment
- In collaboration with: The Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA) & IUCN ROWA.